Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so if i were to want to use a single stage urethane paint do i epoxy primer over bare metal and filler first or do i use something like slick sand to spray down first, block that out and then just use the epoxy primer as a final sealer before the color coat?

·
Registered
62 Posts
slick sand is only for extreme high filling. if you dont need that much then use a 2k primer. i only use slick sand on wavy panels or panels with alot of dents and dings in them. slick sand is basically liquid bondo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
umm all good except the driver side quarter panel (new door, fender, hood, trunk lid...only original panels are the quarters and passenger door....soo i dont think its gonna be a big deal getting the new stuff smoothed.....i popped out the dents i could get to and did a bit of kitty hair to fill the real low spots...sanded that down with a DA then skimmed it with some regular z-grip filler.....i bought some glaze coat stuff too which will prob be more useful after the epoxy is down.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.