Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all. I'm 20 years old married, and finally got permission from my wife to "supe" up my 2003 chevy impala 3.4L V6 automatic.(Sad huh) Strictly for show(and go on the track). Besides an engine swap, and turbo charging, and going down hill. What else can I do for this car to actually go FAST. ANY help would be highly appreciated. THANKS.- a slow newbie.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, I'd say gears next, but chevy had to ruin the impala by making it FWD... so unless you can find some performance tranny gears for that car, which I doubt, you gotta stick with the stock ones. Isnt the 3.4 the SS engine? I believe thats the biggest engine you can fit in there. If not, the SS engine is the biggest that'll fit without major mods. You'll have to look around the aftermarket for parts for that car before you can decide what to do. I know there's not to much in the aftermarket. With new cars, reprogramming the computer for every mod you do, or just to increase the performance, becomes a necessity, every time.

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
Don't tell the boss I said this............But trade it in on something that you can work with, like a rear wheel drive, small block Chevy.

Better idea, would be to leave it as is and get yourself a older car to fix up on the side. May be cheaper and more fun anyways.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
The best advice I can offer. Trade it in an 04 Impala SS, that will have a 240 horse supercharged 3.8L. The 3.8 is much easier to work with, and because of the years of the Gran Prix GTPs many aftermarket performance parts are readily available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
eek

I wouldnt go there.....dont waste the money, trade it in on a 06 impala SS...Wicked torque steer but that 5.3 v8 can ****** and GET and with DOD it gets good fuel economy

·
Lost in the 60's
15,269 Posts
We are glad to have you with us here at Hotrodders. :welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts