Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i now this soundsa dumb...my buddy built a 350 ...flat tops w/ 4 valve reliefs,m pink rods, scat cast crank, with a comp cam 305 duration with >525 lift intake and exhaust. He used stock 305 heads on it with stock everything for the top end. lifters, pushrods ,rockers, valve springs, retainers , locks, etc.... he now has a problem with it smoking upon startup and while its warming up. I told him that he needs to get the proper springs for the cam as well with new heads 2.02 's prefferably with the umbrella seals ...pretty much everything with the heads re-done..what do u guys think???

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Agreed. Smoking on startup is normally caused by oil leaking in through the valve seals.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
heads

Doc here :pimp:

Dump the heads, and get the RIGHT setup for that engine, considering the amount of time and money spent already on the lower end, It doesn't make sense to overlook the heads.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
today i went over and he started it up...it blew smoke like a chimney on startup....the it quit at idle after a few minutes...then while upon revving it, it would blow smoke out the pipes then also......do u think its bad rings???...or is it just still the HUGE cam with the stock top end setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts