Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the proper name for the little one man oval track race cars? Some of the bodies resemble 32 Fords and such and I believe the bodies are one piece fibreglas shells. Anyone?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I dont know the name, but the guy who owns the local junkyard owns one , its made of steel. no floor. pretty wild looking. inline 6 engine.

Gary

·
Registered
15 Posts
are you talking about "legends" cars?
those are powered by an fj1200 yamaha scooter bike engine(140 hp) with a toyota celica(i think) rear end. they're about 5/8ths scale & haul butt!!!!
i drove one a couple of times at nashville. you can break the tires loose almost anytime you want. a real blast to drive...mel

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Dwarf or legend cars.
those are powered by an fj1200 yamaha scooter bike engine(140 hp) with a toyota celica(i think) rear end. they're about 5/8ths scale & haul butt!!!!
They had a competition quite a few years back, street car legal vehicles, one guy made one of the legend cars street legal. I can't remember all the details but there was the 1/4 mile drag race, a slalom, circle track, and a rallye type of competition. The legend car was 2nd or 3rd overall. Dan

3,214 Posts
They run the legends at our local track. They really fly for the amount of protection that they have around the driver. They recently has a driver killed in one. I believe it was the first driver killed at that track n like 30 or 40 years. I once saw one of them drive thru the gate that opens to let the cars off the track. I have seen many late models hit that gate, and it didn't budge.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"legends", that's it! Thanks. Found a few websites on them, they really are interesting little cars.

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I see you're in Surrey, the Legend cars have their own circuit here in BC. I don't think any of the BC tracks run them regularly.

I thought about getting one last year, but they just cost way too much money, when you consider you can run a Late Model for less. They're definately cool, I got to test drive one last year, and they're real quick.

Here's a link for them in Calgary http: www.legendscars.ca
I don't think anybody in BC sells them.

bonuts

·
Registered
15 Posts
dinger i remember that now that you bring it up.
it was something like an overall street car competition where they couldn't change ANYthing once they started the competition.
if i remember correctly that legends car ran 12.40's @ 104 on street tires. gotta love it...mel

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have seen parts of races on TV...

and seen the cars featured in the Race Car mags....not to expensive a way to get into racing if your interested.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
nlmsc33 dinger i remember that now that you bring it up.
It was a competition in Nevada, I think you're dead on, on the quarter mile times. Silver Cup? Dang, it's tuff getting old? Dan:thumbup:
I heard prices of 12 - 15 grand, turnkey. It's supposed to be one of the least expensive form of racing available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts