Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
You will start smelling it...........................

Lucky for you, they are easy to change in these cars. You change it under the hood, not under the dash.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
usually about 80 bucks........................I usually take them out 1st. If it is leaking around the inlet pipe, it can be soldered.

·
Registered
323 Posts
There's a coil resistor on the heater box somewhere before the fan. If you can, try to get in there and make sure you don't have a pile of leaves in the ducting that are smoldering.

If it's smoke and not steam, I'd hate to see your ride go up in flames. Sounds like steam from your description, though, and poncho has you covered. :)

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Pressure test it, you will have coolant run out of the heater box.
Fix it before it completely blows out in side the car.

Troy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also had a very similar problem in my 96 explorer. In my case it was something along the line of the climate control module. Everytime I turned the fan on it blew smoke out the vents. Turned out the module was shorted out. So, everytime I turned the fan on it started fryin again. It could be that, if you have climate control. Jay.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea i already got it fixed it was the heater core but there was some leaves down in them ducts too tho :D it dont steam or fog up or whatever it was now :)

it came out to be $21.00 Poncho :D i wuz hopein it wuz gonna be cheaper than $80 lol

Thanks....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.