Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
correction

with due respect, you should be old enough to know better.... just got off the phone with snap-on. systematics makes their welders. 1-800-abc-weld.
hope that helps with the parts.
i only know this b/c i am looking at buying one. what do you think of the ya212a (besides having broke/wore something out)?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Last information I had was they were done by Century. Companies change suppliers all the time so they may have changed also. Older models were made by Century according to Century. If it's an older welder, I'd still look for Century parts first.
Personally, I've always stayed away from anything Snap-On except tools. They don't make any of their other stuff so you end up paying Snap-On prices for somebody esle's equipment.
I do believe Snap-On makes the best wrenches in the world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya212a

well, i just picked up my ya212a used for about 750... pretty good considering a retail price of 2900.
dont know how long Systematics have been making them for them, but their tech. guy was a big help to me: great customer service!! and top of the line... a similar miller or lincoln is about the same retail price range considering amp output and duty cycle, plus spot, stitch, and cont. weld selections, wire size, and dc tig capabilities. hope that helps Kevdex.
-their customer service said that any of it can be fixed as long as it will still spark.:thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like you did the smart thing and went straight to the manufacturer for your information. If you are footing your own bills, shopping used is almost always a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts