Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driving has finally caught up to me. On Tuesday night four of my friends and I went out to wreak some havoc. One of my friends had classes the next morning so we called it a night early(2:45AM). So I dropped the guy who had classes off at his house, another guy, Dave, had his car there, so he got out. Next I had to drop two more people off at their houses. When we left Dave was tailgating me with his high beams on. So the guys in my car were shining my Mag light in his eyes. Then Dave passed me before getting to his development. So I said I should follow him in and light them up out front of his house. My friends were like "do it man, do it!" It was raining, so I knew I wouldn't leave any tire marks. I stopped in the street, while Dave was getting out of his car, and power braked it for a second just to get the tire turning, then let off the brake and keep it floored, it probably spun for 25 feet. Nothing outrageous.

I picked my cell phone up yesterday evening and saw I had 4 missed calls from Dave. So I got on instant messenger. He was on. Turns out my stunt woke his parents up, his dad thought it was the neighbors kid so he called the police. Dave thought his parents would chill out if they knew it was me that did it. So he told them (real smart idea). Fortunately he has cool parents and when the police got there they didn't send them to my house. But they said the next time I come over to their house they want me to apologize for waking them up, since they both had work the next day. So I said I would stop by Friday, no big deal.

I feel bad about ruining his parents night sleep because I like his parents. But I still think the whole ordeal is pretty funny. Maybe I shouldn't be laughing about it, but everyone else seems to be. Well everyone except his parents, who think I probably woke the whole neighborhood up. lol Though I doubt it was that loud. If I did it in my Caprice I would say ok, because of the exhaust. But this was in my mom's Caprice, stock exhaust system, the road was wet so there was no screeching tires. Dave's house is 100 feet from the road. But I wasn't inside the house, so what do I know.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Nothing funny about your stupid stunt!!

Sound pretty stupid to me...some kids stunt...maybe next time the cops will hall your butt in!! Just keep it up...your day will come soon enough!! Grow up before you kill somebody!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Re: Nothing funny about your stupid stunt!!

tm454 said:
Sound pretty stupid to me...some kids stunt...maybe next time the cops will hall your butt in!! Just keep it up...your day will come soon enough!! Grow up before you kill somebody!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
:thumbup:

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RCastle said:
After you apologize,do a smokey burnout for them,while everyone is awake already.Let them appreciate them for what they are.
ahaha, that sounds like plan, show them what it would look and sound like if I put some effort into it.

·
Tired old shiftworker
82 Posts
It's ok, everybody does it. So it was stupid, big deal. At least you did the mature thing and apologized for it. One thing I have learned with my older mature age is to do burnouts in neighborhoods that nobody knows you in. :thumbup:

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chopper64 said:
It's ok, everybody does it. So it was stupid, big deal. At least you did the mature thing and apologized for it. One thing I have learned with my older mature age is to do burnouts in neighborhoods that nobody knows you in. :thumbup:
Thanks.

Oh, and don't forget neighborhoods where people you don't like live.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I KNEW IT!!! I knew the first thing you would hear is a pair of bitter old geezers getting all grumpy about your stunt. Jesus.:rolleyes:

Truth is its not that big of a deal, and we learn from experience, not old bitter people on the internet.

From what I know of you, you're on the strait and narrow man. You're what, 18 years old, graduated at the top of your class, don't do drugs, don't drink and already doing well at a respectable college? Wonder how many of these old guys had their chit together as much as you do at your age when they were 18?

Cars are exciting to you, its your hobby. You made a mistake in judgement and you should apologize. No its not cool, but, for those who follow the bible, unless you lived a perfect childhood, maybe we could all throw fewer stones and offer advice for similar situations that we were in... and I'm sure many of these guys have done the exact same thing.

K

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
hahahha sounds like me lastnight. i left my friends house about 1am and everyone was sleeping in his house and i ripped out of his driveway onto the main road and got sideways and everything. my exhaust is really loud too. he just told me today that that woke his mom up and stuff and they where like who was that he said it was one of his friends and they where like tell him to park across the street next time. theres a little store there.lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
What amazes me, is that the police would even bother going out to a call about a burnout!

I remember about 22 years ago I was building a 73 chevelle laguna for a street stock. It still had the original 350 in it but was totally gutted except the front seat. About 2 am after a night out I got the bright idea of sneaking over to a friends house about 2 miles away, and powerbraked it for about 200 ft (after spinning em in one place for about 30 seconds)....the next day all the neighbors were out in the street looking at the burnout and shaking their heads. My buddy said his house(it was summer) was just about filled with rubber smoke! Seemed the "logical" thing to do in the middle of the night!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
MI2600 said:
Wow, I've gone from "War Criminal" to "Bitter Old Geezer".

I think that's an improvement!?!

What the punks consider a war criminal is a national hero to most Americans.
Your the one that fought to give them the right to set around and make those allegations.

The same ones if they we in the national trade center would be crying for your help.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MI2600 said:
Wow, I've gone from "War Criminal" to "Bitter Old Geezer".

I think that's an improvement!?!
You're still cool MI2600, I doubt any of the comments were directed at you.

I went over there and waited for his dad for an hour. Two of my other friends were there. Something didn't seem right, everyone kept having little side conversations in the house. Dave kept telling me his dad just ran to the store and would be back soon. I asked where his mom was an he told me she went out.

Dave's younger sister (16) came downstairs and got on the computer in another room, so I went and talked to her a little. I asked where her parents were, she told me that her mom and dad went out for the night, and wouldn't be back until late. She didn't say anything about what I did in front of the house, and she's the kind of person who would. I asked her if her dad called the police the other night and she gave me a really weird look she said no, why would he?

So I think I'm the middle of a little prank. Maybe the parents don't know who did it, and dave thinks it would be funny if I started apologizing for it. Maybe they never even were woken up. Something is up. But you can't out fox a fox. So I'm going to play this one out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.