Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have cars we love, but if you had to drive a car by "brand X" what would it be?

For me if it were not a Mopar, I would really like a 429 Galaxy 500. (I swear that is what I am gonna buy for my son. Since the day he was born I have told my wife Dave is gonna drive a Galaxy 500 convertible, red and black. I dont know why I have always said that, seeing as how I am a Mopar guy.)

And if it had to be GM then I have to say a 67 GTO blue with a white interior.

What about you guys? And keep it basic, not COPO camaros Yenkos, Altered Wheelbase (AFX) Dodges and THunderbolts etc.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Bases Loaded

Cars I own
1979 Chevy Malibu-Gm on first
1993 Plymouth Voyager-Mopar on second
1991 SHO-Ford on third

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
1) Chevrolet Cheetah, or maybe a LS6 Chevelle, or, or, or, the list could never end.

2) As for Fords, I'd take a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler mmmm.

3) The Dodges, I'd want a 1970 Cuda, don't care what mill, them cars just look soooo good.

bonuts

·
Registered
290 Posts
What to Drive?

Well since I have a Corvette, a Charger & a Firebird I guess that leaves Ford. So that would be a definite yes to the GT500 Shelby Mustang.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Mopar.............an old buddy had a 6 pack, 440 70 Roadrunner. A real beast.

Ford........My neighbor across the street has a 66 Shelby Mustang, a real one. Would like to drive it, he hasn't offered yet.

Any other........69 Rambler Scrambler or a 70 Rebel Machine. Had a chance to buy each one once upon a time, but passed.......Stupid, stupid, stupid........

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i'm assuming i have a chevy so all gm is out so i will have to say my first car a 71 dodge charger r/t 440 (my first car wasn't an r/t or a 440) but it was cool.:cool:

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
err.....I guess I only have a Mopar to choose from.

I'd have to choose a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere with a 426 Wedge, dual 4 brrls, and a 4sp:thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
78novaman said:
err.....I guess I only have a Mopar to choose from.

I'd have to choose a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere with a 426 Wedge, dual 4 brrls, and a 4sp:thumbup:
Drove one once...was a 64 Plymouth that was a previous S/S car. made into a bracket car. Had 4.88 gears. We were pulling wheelies with it on a country backroad.......Ahhh...good times.

·
Registered
77 Posts
wait, im building two fords, so does that mean those are outta the question?

so that would leave chevy, dodge, pontiac, stuebaker, international.

chey would have to be a 54 chevy (ratrod)

31 doge bro's coupe

pontiac? 52 two door with a carson top (i know, no modifiations, but that is how it would have to be. they are hiddious with ther stock tops)

53 stubaker pickup. oh yeah

id drive a 60's international 2 WD stepside pickup. but not m first choice :nono: .

hope i did that right :pain: .

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
killerformula said:
gotta love the mopars. Everybody loves them, nobody has one.
I beg your pardon, I have two.

If I had to go with something else it would be a Sunbeam Tiger.

Centerline

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I used to have one too, but never a muscle car. I'd like to build a charger, roadrunner, GTX or maybe a challenger someday. Stroke out a 440 and put an aftermarket 6-speed behind it. Man would that be wild or what?!

K

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
ha ha, i was talking about my ram, but funny you should say that, my mom had an omni and my bro a horizon. That little 2.2 five speed was fast! If you say they don't count, you've obviously never had the experience...

:D :p

K

1 - 20 of 21 Posts