Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it's any of my buisness , but what ever happend to Sway ? Is she still gone or have any of u guys /girls talked to her. Is she alloud to come back ? Also .. what are trolls ive herd of them befor but dont now what they are (or what they do)
Bill

·
Registered
258 Posts
A troll is a poster who posts just to stir up discussion. Though usually it has a negative conotation. A troll is usually somebody who has yet to go through puberty or has the maturity level of your average 8 year old(sorry about insulting 8 year olds).

The term originated I believe in fishing. It is a method of fishing where you drop a lure out and move the boat.

I think trolling can be applauded if it is good. At least when it shows a mastery of the craft. Bad trolls need to go back under their bridges. Bad trolling would be coming to this board and saying v8s suck and my new honda is awesome. Good trolling is subtle and sometimes hard to spot.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Sway has been banned for impersonating someone else. She will be allowed to come back after a period of time (30 days). After that if she proves herself with no more lies or trouble she will be allowed to remain a member of the community. If she would happen to do the same thing again I imagine permanent banishment would be in order. We have had a few in the past banned for good and we have had a few that were banned, came back, realized their mistake and became a respectable member of HotRodders. I won't mention who this time but people pat them on the back for what they have become. So don't push your luck if you decide to troll. There are members just laying in wait to pounce. When it comes to trolls the members have a voracious appetite. LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
how ironic. The guy who has a personal signature of "watch out for road angels" says he never pegged sway for a troll, lmao. Its the same person dude-

K:p

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
68Impala Funny, i never pegged Sway for a troll. 4jaw maybe.
What have you been smoking?

·
Registered
91 Posts
no way.
i feel pretty stupid at this point, but i have to admit i haven't been visiting the site that often...

tried to search the posts earlier but there was technical problem (a white page telling me to contact jon)

my bad.

ps. the 4jaw comment was a joke.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
IF it is a girl.....

and that is yet to be proven, then she/it is very immature and looking for ATTENTION IN THE WRONG WAYS. I am not to sure if the troll thing applies but she/it did lie to us and was not sincere in her/its posts. Don't really care but she/it will be back in time and the only time will tell. Remember guys this could very well be some guy posing as a girl to get you all worked up so with the history as it is be careful in dealing with it/her in the future.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: IF it is a girl.....

tm454 said:
and that is yet to be proven, then she/it is very immature and looking for ATTENTION IN THE WRONG WAYS. I am not to sure if the troll thing applies but she/it did lie to us and was not sincere in her/its posts. Don't really care but she/it will be back in time and the only time will tell. Remember guys this could very well be some guy posing as a girl to get you all worked up so with the history as it is be careful in dealing with it/her in the future.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
To put this in a little perspective I thought I would let you know a few things.

As many of you know I was pretty good friends with Sway before the incident. I didn't cut communications with her when Kitana busted her. We still talk.

She has been confirmed to be a young girl by myself and others.

She made a mistake.
She posted an apology which was immediately locked and disappeared into the morass of old posts.
She may or may not have been a person previously banned for trolldom, but I don't know, we haven't discussed it.

Other than the big bust, I never saw her post anything which was troll-like in nature.

A troll by the most common definition is someone who deliberately creates dissention and controversy. I never saw Sway do that.
A person who mis-represents details of their life or experiences may also be considered a troll.

We all know Sway did that in one major incident and I know she is very remorsefull and regrets it very much.

I suggest the mature thing to do would be to back off and remember she's still a kid. As are a some of the Sway bashers.
I am NOT making any excuses for her actions, it was dishonest and stupid!

I think the reason there is still so much rancor circulating about Sway is that many of us liked her a lot and our feelings were hurt by her dishonesty. Lets remember that and wait and see how it goes.

Roy.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks for all the input everyone , and now i understand a few more things that i hadn't before. and Meanroy... that sounds like some wisdom talk'n right there! kinda reminds me of my grandpa.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
yeah, she screwed up. For all the christians out there, isn't there a quote in the bible about "let ye who is without sin cast the first stone."??

Cast away. And make sure to be dramatic about it when you do-

K:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
Yea killer, there is. We do care about Sway, and anyone else with problems bigger than they are. Heck, we care about you even when you slam us with cynical remarks like that.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Jon said:
Sway lied to everyone. Therefore, sway gets suspended for 30 days. Pretty basic stuff.

Ideally, this is done instantly, but just like in our national justice system, this isn't always practical. I've just edited her settings to suspend her for 30 days. As a reminder -- this means that she can view the board and send PM's, but she just can't post.

Weimer -- I agree with you that sway will have to deal with the punishment of her peers as well as her official board punishment. IMO, this is reasonable and normal human behavior. It doesn't mean that she will have to deal with it FOREVER, but a decent amount of time is understandable. I believe in firm disciplinary punishment on the board, but I also believe in eventual forgiveness when people have worked to redeem themselves. If you feel sway needs some additional measures from you upon her return, then it's your call. Just obey board rules, remain reasonably civil, and keep personal stuff out of the tech forum threads, as usual.

hot_rod_kid deceived people too. He was also punished, and also got some flak from everyone (and still does occasionally). He has taken steps to redeem himself and become a contributing member. If you've never told a lie in your life, then go ahead and cast the first stone.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts