Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I did not get an answer on the last one on this.....

All I have done to date is inside doors and inner fenders. I had the apparent soap or whatever issue in the first base coat. Second base coat and clear went on perfectly. What is the chance this paint will have catostophic failure in the near future. Do you guys think adhesion is good enough for those areas, or should I start over.

I will definately do things different on the exterior panels, but I really dont want to strip the parts down if it is not needed.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
If it looks good then leave it alone. If on down the road it fails, which chances are it won't because it won't be exposed to the elements like the other panels then you can redo just that area without affecting the looks of the overall paint job. When you do the body just make sure you use a good precleaner, wax, grease remover. Also just a word to the wise, when you tack off a car DO NOT stop with the tack cloth and lean on it or you are asking for problems in that area.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin, that is what I was thinking. Just wanted a little reassurance. As hard as that urethane is I am thinking it just might be more prone to chip. As for the tack cloth thing, it makes sense. I know that crap gets all over your hands. I usually just glide it accross the surface very lightly so not to leave any thing behind.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts