Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
5.5mm I just had the same problem, their are 1/2 sizes in metric most of the cheap azzed sets have them. You know 900 piece set for 5 bucks LOL they have all those sizes you will never ever use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there is a half size? I know there is some kind of socket to fit the bolt I am trying to get out but everything I have is too big or too small. Trying to get the stock stereo out of my '89 full size Chevy truck and I ran into 4 of these nasty little things and I'm out of my mind.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are only a very few metric half sizes and only below 10mm. Most metric socket sets I know contain them but I have hardly ever used them even though I live in Europe where metric sizes are common. I think hose clamps sometimes have half sizes as well.

Regards
Martin

·
Registered
495 Posts
They will be in the elcheapo sets. Look for the sets with 9 million pieces for 5 bucks:drunk: all the sizes you will never need are in ther to fill it in. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I bought one of each size and they both worked. So that problem is solved.

I will be back though when it comes time to wire this radio in... if I dont burn my truck up, and my house down.... I hate electrical!

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
If yours works out well in your '89 just come on over and wire my '93. Momma got me a new radio for Christmas!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts