Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys I am doing my first cam swap and I will be pulling everything off tomorrow and resealing my intake back on and this is the first time doing so. I am installing a edelbrock rpm performer airgap intake and after I put my rtv gasket maker on and let it cure for about 3 or 4 minutes after I get my intake on and get my bolts on I know not to torque it down but how tight should I tighten the bolts to in order to let the gasket maker to cure overnight? Any other pointers would be helpfull since its my first time. What is also the best way to get it on straight cause I know I can't move it or the gasket maker will be no good. This is on a 350 small block chevy. I read to torque it at 25 flbs on edelbrock's website but do I torque it right then or shold I let it set over night and just hand tighten to maybe 15 on all the bolts?
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey thanks fbird, I will be using gasket maker on the china walls as you say and will put a small dap after I get the intake gasket's on. Also I am using felpro 1205 and they have a seal on the ports so I should not have to use any gasket maker there corrrect? Thanks again
Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.