Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the kind of people that always brag and BS about their super-fast car, or their supercharged engine etc. but when you ask them to see it they say "oh my dad is using it right now" or "I cant right now, I gotta be somwhere soon":rolleyes: well my friends been bragging about his dad's 83 Cutlass since the start of the schoolyear already. He said it had a 400hp 327 because it was bored and stroked, had a white paint job with maroon vinyl and rally wheels with white-line tires. He also told me how it was a standard and his dad could shift perfectly, you dont even feel it when he shifts. So I was like, ok, why dont you bring it in the shop (at school) and we'll work on it. He always refused and said he wasnt allowed to drive it, yet always bragged how he floored it and was doing 180 (km).
Sooooo, last week I saw his dad's car:D saw it in a parking lot, him and his dad were just getting into it. LOL.....it's a 4-door, white faded paint with a leaking maroon vynil top, hahahah, and it was an automatic. Rustholes everywhere:spank: I dipped my head to say hi and he nicked back. Next day at school I asked him if it was his dads car he always talked about, he told me yes. He said it's the perfect sleeper car for that 400hp engine:rolleyes:

Mike

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I know some of those kinds of guys. I can take the lying for a little bit, (about two minutes), then I tell them they are full of *.

Your friend is one of the worst cases I've heard. I would have reamed him the next day I saw him. People who lie to their friends just for attention are useless.

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
I get a kick out of the guys that say their car will run X in the 1/4 mile, have never taken it to the track, never had it weighed or dynoed. Case in point, a friend of a friend claims his 68 Camaro (4 speed, 383) will run 10's in the quarter, but he refuses to take it to the track, etc... - so how does he know? Just because a drag sim said it would (in a perfect world). He'd probably die of embarrasment if it only ran 12's.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
You know what's annoying. A few guys from high school have done this to me, guys that have never been in a fast car. They ride with me once or twice and then they tell other people my that my car is fast.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told the dude it wasnt what I expected it to be but he kept on blabbing on with his "perfect sleeper" theroy:rolleyes: he also told me his cousin had a 58 Mercury truck, flat black with diamond plate stepsides. I asked if his cousin was selling it and he told me yeah, $1,800. I told him ok I want it, next day he told me his cousin wasnt selling anymore:rolleyes: sure, sure

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.