Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow fellow gearheads. My name is AL and i have been building cars for 42 years. I have won super chevy and been in my share of Mags. Iam a diabetic and have Parkinsons and have just been told that i have cansar. Well anouf of that,on to the good stuff. Iam thinking of building a 1962 Pro street ford falcon. my question is will a 351 motor fit in with out much problem.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
It'll fit, but as to whether or not it could be considered "rather easy" is another matter all together.

Ford put the little Windsor in the Falcon back in the day, but the 351 is a taller deck configuration, making a tight fit even tighter yet.

Unless you are planning on doing quite a bit of fabrication work to things like the shock towers, you might consider a 289/302. There are readily available kits to stroke the 302 to 347 cid, IIRC. But even at 302, they can make good power. At least something to consider.

Along w/the engine swap, you'll be needing an upgrade to the rear axle, too- but that's another story!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
conversion info

Thanks cobalt327, iam really a chevy man, but i can by this 62 falcon at a dam good price. It is so so nice (just like new) IT would be a real sleeper. with a strong 302 stroker motor. A STROKER

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
A stroker said:
Hellow fellow gearheads. My name is AL and i have been building cars for 42 years. I have won super chevy and been in my share of Mags. Iam a diabetic and have Parkinsons and have just been told that i have cansar. Well anouf of that,on to the good stuff. Iam thinking of building a 1962 Pro street ford falcon. my question is will a 351 motor fit in with out much problem.
Hey Al, welcome. I might be thinkin' a stroker 460. Go big or go home. :thumbup: With a MIG, gas axe, Sawzall and good hand grinder, ANYTHING WILL FIT ANYTHING. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
v8 conversion

To elock431962 I think the way to go is with a Jack Rouch 338 or 427 stroker motor The fit will be a no brainerplus with cansor i wont have much time and so on Iam going to give it my bet short treatments at the hospitol Keep it between the white lines. AL

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
A stroker said:
To elock431962 I think the way to go is with a Jack Rouch 338 or 427 stroker motor The fit will be a no brainerplus with cansor i wont have much time and so on Iam going to give it my bet short treatments at the hospitol Keep it between the white lines. AL
Hey AL, I think either one of your choices would be a good one, I like the 427 but either will be nice and fast. AL post some pics so we can see what you have going on, Or start a project journal and a photo gallery and we can watch your build. And AL i am sure you have heard this from others but you are in my prayers. :thumbup: . Cole

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kind words

I want to thank you GEARHEADS for the kind words. I will get back to you when i can. My rides are 79 bigblock Malibu 94 camaro ss (383 stroker) I just sold the Malibu and iam trying to sell the camaro. The camaro is a real ride. i have over 20 grand investedin her 90%speed shop parts All new suspension (powder coated) Coil overs-pan head bar rear end set up Nos--line lock and it goes on and on . i would like 11,000 for it. IF interested get in touch Thats half price. think about it. If interested wee can talk. have to go now and crank up the BAR-B Q AL

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
OT- About 6 months ago, Dave Hance set a new record for DOT drag radial tires in a '93 Mustang LX w/stock suspenders and no wheelie bars.

He set the 1/4 record @ 6.93/223.07 mph, and in a separate run, set the 1/8 record @ 4.661/172.10 mph.

Engine is a 622 BBC (tall deck) w/two Precision 91mm turbochargers. It's tuned to around 2,000 HP and estimates the engine is capable of 2,700hp at full boost.

So, yeah. Anything will fit anything.

Back on topic- There are guys running 383, 393, 427 and even 454 from 351W's, so size ain't a problem- cost may be though- when you get out too far, you're looking at a quality block and rotator and aftermarket part$ used throughout the entire engine.

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
A stroker said:
I want to thank you GEARHEADS for the kind words. I will get back to you when i can. My rides are 79 bigblock Malibu 94 camaro ss (383 stroker) I just sold the Malibu and iam trying to sell the camaro. The camaro is a real ride. i have over 20 grand investedin her 90%speed shop parts All new suspension (powder coated) Coil overs-pan head bar rear end set up Nos--line lock and it goes on and on . i would like 11,000 for it. IF interested get in touch Thats half price. think about it. If interested wee can talk. have to go now and crank up the BAR-B Q AL
AL, You can run your for sale add in our classified secton it's free. Alot of people will see it also. JMO. Cole

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.