Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, 4 weeks ago i met a body man who agreed to complete the bodywork and paint my chevy, and for a fair price. at the time he said he would be ready for the car at the end of sept. i said great that will give me time to strip it down and do some floor work and clean everything up.

so then two weeks ago he says that he wants the car on the 15th, well thats ok so i pushed up my schedule and planned on sending it over when i got back from lake george next week and then i spent this past weekend going crazy grinding and sandblasting and then spent 10 hrs yesterday pulling the motor, tranny and the exshast buy myself

so i get a call from my buddy monday morning saying that he talked to the body guy over the weekend and he wanted the car now so he could get it done before heading to florida for the winter.and that i should call him to find out whats going on.I got a hold of him last night and he said that he was leaving for the winter and had put off another car so he could get mine done but that he needed it buy thursday. well i told him that there was no way i could get it prepped by then. he then said i guess it wont get done till he comes back in the spring!!!

needless to say i'm a bit beside myself at this point and now the search is on again for a body shop to do the car. :smash: :smash: :smash:

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Good thing you didn't give him the car to work on, he would have been more concerned about getting done fast so he could leave for Florida than what the final product looked like. There's plenty of painters out there, the best ones are the hardest to find though.

What color are you having it painted?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
ford blue:p j/k man....

sucks to hear that but if you waited this long (6 years:confused: or am I crazy?) you can wait a bit more...

Mike

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh i know i'll find somone i just like to vent every now and then

i'm painting the car a medium blue metallic from a 2000 vette, i cant remember the name of the color but i saw a vette in a chevy dealer and got the paint codes for it. it looks awsome

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
I think he may have done you a favor. As Ghetto said, he would have probably rushed and you would regret it in the end.

I told the body shop that did my '67 to take their time and do a good job. Well, they certainly took their time...three to four months. In the interim, they worked on other cars and let mine set. Even then, when I got it back it was full of problems.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hear you, i'm trying to balance price vs. craftsmanship.

i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but i still have a buget so i have to be carefull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts