Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the drivers door on a 91 Sonoma, but when I looked the hinges seem to be spot welded to the body. Am I missing something? Is there a good way to take it off and put the new one on?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
You have to remove the hinge pins. There is a small retainer on each pin. After you get it off tap out the pins. You can get new ones with bushings and retainers at your local parts store for a little of nothing.

Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't forget about the spring in the hinge. You will need a small spring compressor to be able to remove the spring and to reinstall it. there is tool kit made for door hinge pin removal and installation. :D

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Originally posted by tlambert:
<strong>Don't forget about the spring in the hinge. You will need a small spring compressor to be able to remove the spring and to reinstall it. there is tool kit made for door hinge pin removal and installation. :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

I got by with a punch and hammer. As for the spring, well, it was a *****, and I wish I would have had the correct tool. Might have saved some small nicks in my freshly painted hinges.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts