·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so where am i at
i have a flywheel for a 96?ish dakota
i got 3 different numbers
tooth to tooth is 14.5 inches
total surface is 13.5 inches (contact area just inside the teeth)
and bolt holes gets between 11.5 inches and 12 inches
its going on a 90 Dakota V6 that had an auto behind it previously (flexplate and converter style)
i got junkyard parts and all coming in and im sure about the gear box as everything moves
im getting the bell soon as well so i need to look at buying a clutch kit idk if the bell comes with the armature for the clutch or not (Ebay buy :)/) so no idea till it shows up) gear box is a 96 too AX15 model
the bell is an AX15 to mopar small block/ Jeep 4.0 so bolt pattern matches and im HOPING that i don't need to dump the flywheel i got
can't really tell how big the kit needs to be as there IS NO wear patch due to disuse (sitting in a parts yard storehouse for X number of years) and is completely covered in light surface rust that then was tagged by the parts yard with a yellow ink chalk marker for its stock number :T
anyhelp for me as a mopar guy would help a HUUUGE amout
thanks ahead of time
and best wish
Rock:confused:

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
not my area of expertise (mopar V6 pickemups); but if all else fails, call Billy at McLeod Racing, his extension is 223. Their phone is (714) 630-2764. He's a good egg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not my area of expertise (mopar V6 pickemups); but if all else fails, call Billy at McLeod Racing, his extension is 223. Their phone is (714) 630-2764. He's a good egg.
well the 3.9 out of a dakota is basically a 318 V8 with cylinders 2 and 7 chopped off the heads and block
thats why i chose the 239 cui V6
better gas millage and just as stout of a motor as the venerable 318 V8
all that's different is the block, the cam, the heads, the intake, the crank, the exhaust manifolds, and any of those parts seals
hell the distributor cap comes from an I6 so im just guse here but a hold of from the legendary slant /6

(toughest motor ever built WILL run with water in the crank
lasts longer then a twinkie a cockroach and kieth richards combined hard to kill motor
yeah THAT one)

but LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE about that 3.9 is small block mopar roller tappets, pistons, rods, BEARINGS, cam gears timing chain EVERYTHING BUT those parts i listed about this motor is small block stuff
so as long as those parts hold up im gooood
geatting back to the clutch i hope to hear more from ya thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts