Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my SROD transmission and found a very solid Ford T&C 3-speed (OD) transmission but now I need to get the linkage rods for it.
I'm having trouble trying to identify exactly what transmission type this is considered which is a number Hurst uses to identify it.

---------------------------------IDENTIFIERS-----------------------------------------
Transmission tag reads: (RUG BP D7DR A A) (LG 29 52 80)
Passenger side case castings are: (D7DR-7006-A-A) (281)
Passenger size tail shaft housing: (RF-D7DR-7A040-AA) (2603665-C)
Driver side case casting above the shift linkage bolts is: Ford 2603606
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the transmission ID card from Hurst shown below, I believe it's a 435. (My transmission has a 10-bolt top cover and is cast iron)

Full side shot of the driver side shift points \ Here's the ID tag \
Does anyone know where to source a setup for this? The 435 seems to be quite unique as far as the shifter mount goes but I believe mine already has an adapter plate to make it compatible with standard 432\433 types.
I went ahead and submitted a tech support email to Hurst\Holley.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
According to that, based on the limited picture; it is. Most trans guys call that a RUG btw.
I usually advise against buying a brand new shifter from Hurst; they're overpriced for the lack of quality you get. Buy a refurbished shifter from an expert and save money, while getting a more robust product.
Eric at Crash Enterprises can probably sort you out quickly for a restored shifter or parts to restore a used one. 262-942-8882

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4 yeah this is what they call a "Toploader Imposter" and the T&C is town and country for the overdrive.
This one looks to have been used in Ford Econoline vans and pickup trucks

For that reason, the shifter bracket is normally located in the middle right above the cross member mount. If I had to guess the shifter that's on there now is some kind of adapter which moves the shifter towards the rear (which is how I need it to be) like a standard toploader. I'll give Eric a call, thank you!

·
High Performance Rear Ends
3,782 Posts
That transmission was used in '77 and '78 Granada and Monarch. I saw a shifter for one of those listed on facebook a few days ago. I have one of those transmissions that I'm getting rid of. It's not in good condition and will be very cheap. I'm going ot be digging it out later today. It's possible that it has some linkage still on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.