Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to get you guys oppinion on whats going on here. I have all the links on reading but still a little confused. The cylinder numbers are not correct on the cardboard.
Engine is a mid 80's 350 in a 84 c-10 truck
Engine has 7000 miles on it since rebuild
Spark plugs have 7000 miles on them, used for break in and up until today.
I drive 98% on highway.
HEI ignition,34 total, all in by 3000
Photo1

Photo2

Photo3

Photo4

Photo5

Photo6

Photo7

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try Multi-Ground plug

The pictures you sent it appears that you need to try a colder plug maybe 1 or 2 numbers colder and also check your air /fuel mixture to make sure it is not to lean. Open highway operation it will run leaner and hotter than city running. This looks like a common cold vs. hot plug.as far as number 5 plug make sure your rings have seated and the rebuilder did not get the rings all in line where you are seeping oil into that cyclinder because it looks like that cyclinder has oil in it. Pictures can be deseptive. I hope this helped.jessedenny47

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is some more pics of the number 1 and 2 cylinders. I drove the engine about 100 miles today and floor it about 5 times. These two were the worst of them all.
Cylinder 1 (Looks like it has small specs?)

Cylinder 2

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I have not done anything to it . I did use a better set of wires this time and not the cheepies. My total timing is 34 degrees. The plugs in the initial photo might not be so good to go by since they were used for the engine break in?

·
Registered
26 Posts
plugs looking better

hay there your plugs are starting to look better. The one still looks like a little colder plug might finish the job. I think if it was preignition you would sure have valve ping. in pulls or hard acceleration. I would run the plugs a little longer to see if they brown up. You want a brownish color no deposits and no blistering. Hope this helped. Jessedenny47

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.