Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a point type distributor into a 307 CI. which has 13mm plugs, what type, gap, and brand is everyone using. This is a stock 307 chevy with a 3 sp. in a 61 Bel-air

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ran AC R45TS plugs in my '72 307 motor. If your heads have tapered spark plug seats you can use the above plugs. I don't see a problem with running them with the HEI. Maybe the gap can be slightly larger w/ HEI.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4 on the 14 AWG from the distributor to the switched side of the fuse block
I will be off to Pimp Boys tomorrow to look for some AC R45TS or maybe some Dinso U-Grove or anything i can fine that is in the heat range of a R45.
By the way is a 43 hotter or colder plug?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Don't forget to upgrade your Plug wires to an 8 or 8.5 Spiral core wires from the stock wires..or you'll have misfires, cross fires and RFI like a big Dawg..

Also assuming you removed the Ballast wire / Resistor from the circuit..else it will run like a muni bus if at all :rolleyes: :smash:

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all , yes I have rewired the HEI straight to the fuse box (Switched) and the wires were off of a running Camaro the same place I removed the distributor from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.