Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Speed Demon carbs are available with changeable idle & high speed air bleeds? What about idle feed restrictors? I want to make sure that the carb I buy will be tuneable for my combination without having to drill, epoxy, or otherwise hack-up a brand new carburetor. I think the Mighty Demons have these features, but I'd like to run a carb with a choke since the car will be street driven regularly.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
I have Mighty Demon 750 blower carbs and they have got replaceable air bleeds and restrictors. You can buy the air bleeds and drill to size cheap, like $10 to $15for a package of 10. Very easy to access the air bleeds, they're right on top in the open.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This just in...

NEW Competition Speed Demons

The new Speed Demon Competition (750-850 cfm) is for racers wishing to use the Speed Demon in NHRA classes where original equipment-style carburetors with choke horn are required (Competition Eliminator - Altered/Dragster, Super Stock - Modified). These carburetors provide race-tuning in the industry's most advanced choke hornequipped carburetor. Competition Speed Demons include adjustable air bleeds, thinline throttle shafts with low drag stainless steel button-style butterfly fasteners and Race Demon 5-emulsion hole billet metering blocks for optimum tuning capabilities.

http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/default.aspx?page=10

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you check here: http://www.barrygrant.com/fromBarryGrant/Demon Instruction Manuals/Speed Demon Manual.pdf This is the speed demon manual go to page 9 and they reference air bleeds. I first had a 850 speed demon and ran into idle/richness problems (due to cam profile)this was before the mighty demon came out. Called and talked to the tech's at B&G they ended up sending me out some restrictors and that took care of the problem (I changed my componets and now run a mighty demon). Maybe Tech @ B&G has more info. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.