Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 400 - 425 hp 350 for use in a street strip car, compression <11:1, max rpm 6200, NA. I seem to be having problems deciding which ones to use. I am looking at the flat top hypereutectic ones. Which ones would be the better choice.... the speed pros are a little cheaper?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Speed Pro, Speed Pro, Speed Pro. Just compare the prices, especially on "the-bay". I think the quality is better also, not to mention the top ring land/ring gap controversey with the KB. I think the KB have got too much tied to Keith Black's name; RIP. BUTCH.

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
When I was building an engine for my friend several people on here steerede me away form the KB's. Then I went to my machine shop and they told me to stay away form them as well. So I will tell you I used the speed pro's and they are working great.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
A very good friend of mine owns an engine building shop, he builds them from stock to race engines. He told me he won't use the KB piston, tried them on a few engines when they first came out but had problems. You can find good deals on Speed Pro hypers on ebay, just pull up "350 pistons" and you'll see them. I bought mine from Racers Outlet in Iowa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.