Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have purchased a set of speed pro forged pistons for my 302. they have the duroshield coating on them. my question is how great is this coating, and will it free up any horsepower do to less friction. thanks

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The coating should help keep the skirts from scuffing if the fit is a little tight. I haven't seen any back to back comparisons for horsepaower gains. I'd say any gains would be marginal if at all.

Larry

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i am putting a new 406 together now to replace the last one that had a freak mishap.the last one had forged spee pro pistons and after the last tear down they were pretty scuffed.could be from to much timing or the short rods that i used or other things.the new one has speed pro hypereutectic/coated and the cylinders are sized to the pistons and are pretty tight but they are supposed to do their job.i wouldn't count on any power but rather durability for both the pistons and the cylinders.good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.