Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new at this , so i was wondering if anybody can help me out , my speedo doesn't work in my 81 camaro bernlinette, i has a stock 350 with a turbo 350 and no cruise. I was wondering if i could put a older speedo in my camaro like from a 78 or around that time. If i can then do i have to modify anything? If i can't would a aftermarket one work better? If so which one would fit the best in a camaro like mine?
thanks,
strebor01

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't jump on this side of the board much but I can not help myself. Are you sure the speedo is bad it is most of the time something else.If you find it is the speedo you can change them over. In fact you can use a Firebird in a Camero. But make sure it is the speedo. ROY

·
I weld things
36 Posts
id check the cable first.

if you are going to swap to a different speedo, all 70-81 camaro without cruise will fit. firebird ones kinda sorta fit but not exactly and the warning lights for brake and oil are in different spots.

pull the bezel from the dash, remove the cluster with the 4 screws, pop off the connector and speedo cable. then you can remove the plastic face of the cluster, with about 8 7mm hex head screws, and undo the 2 7mm screws in the back of the speedo and it will come out the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts