Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have a 58 chevy pick up. I put a 72 350 engine and a thurbo 350 in it and the speedometer runs backwards. How can I get it to run the right way? Any help can get me at [email protected]
Thanks Don

·
Registered
308 Posts
It wont turn backwards.Your gears are broken or the wrong size.Go the the hotrodders lounge and check out "55 to 59 chevy truck owners"you can get the answers you are looking for there.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Do you mean the ODOMETER is running backwards? A friend had an early 70s Charger, the speedo quit so he went to the junkyard and got one that was a couple years newer... speedo worked perfectly but odometer rotated backwards so the car had 1000s less miles when he sold it.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
pasadenahotrod said:
Do you mean the ODOMETER is running backwards? A friend had an early 70s Charger, the speedo quit so he went to the junkyard and got one that was a couple years newer... speedo worked perfectly but odometer rotated backwards so the car had 1000s less miles when he sold it.

I don't think that is possible. The cable drives the odometer also. Forward is forward. Only digital speedometers read mph in reverse.

Check in Street Rodder Magazine. There a couple speedo shops that offer in cable gear boxes for ratio changes, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts