Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Its just metal,you're the boss
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i did a t5 swap into my monte carlo ss the speedometer is, as any one could guess, way off. i had a friend help me approximate my acutal speed by just following me and i found that when my speedometer reads 45 i am going sixty. so I have just been assuming that there will always be a 15 mph difference. am i correct in this assumption or as you go faster or slower does the difference change.
Im not so much interested in fixing it right now becuase i have gear changes and even another tranny swap in mind for the future...i just want to know how fast im goin when i have to go past the boys in blue with their nifty little radar devices. because if i dont, im sure they wont mind letting me know :D .

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
leldai73 said:
After i did a t5 swap into my monte carlo ss the speedometer is, as any one could guess, way off. i had a friend help me approximate my acutal speed by just following me and i found that when my speedometer reads 45 i am going sixty. so I have just been assuming that there will always be a 15 mph difference. am i correct in this assumption or as you go faster or slower does the difference change.
Im not so much interested in fixing it right now becuase i have gear changes and even another tranny swap in mind for the future...i just want to know how fast im goin when i have to go past the boys in blue with their nifty little radar devices. because if i dont, im sure they wont mind letting me know :D .
Percentage. xxxxxxxx = 1.33333

You will always be going 1/3 faster than it reads. 30 = 40 , 45 = 60 , 60 = 80

edited, that's 60 / 45 = 1.3333

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.