Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to light a spray booth, and the better or favoured fume extraction, up , down , side , etc,,

Simo l,,..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
302/Z28 said:
Don't mean to sound short, but check the search function...lots of previous discussions on this subject.

Vince
I have had a sqizz , look around, and is likely i didnt look hard enough,, could you steer me in the correct direction..

Thanks
Simo,,..

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can't have to much lighting, period. Flourescent is the best. Top, sides, ends, angled...the more the better. Be careful, if you put the wrong kind in the wrong places and you flip them off or on while the booth has enough volatiles in it...KABOOM!

Down draft is the best. It pulls the air down away from your face. Usually requires a pit though. 100 FPM velocity through the floor at any area is a good target design for humans. OSHA may require more in some locals. You can get by with less if the painting is done by robots. Side drafts are next. usually more practical. Again 100 FPM velocity through the wall at any point is good. Keep in mind these are more guidelines for high volume type booths. You can always go the plastic roof and walls with a couple furnace filters and box fans route.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Vince,
I'm not a time waster, but i am from aus
I;m sure all i need eo no is here ,,
I'm sqtzzin more,,

Simo,,...

GMW said:
You can't have to much lighting, period. Flourescent is the best. Top, sides, ends, angled...the more the better. Be careful, if you put the wrong kind in the wrong places and you flip them off or on while the booth has enough volatiles in it...KABOOM!

Down draft is the best. It pulls the air down away from your face. Usually requires a pit though. 100 FPM velocity through the floor at any area is a good target design for humans. OSHA may require more in some locals. You can get by with less if the painting is done by robots. Side drafts are next. usually more practical. Again 100 FPM velocity through the wall at any point is good. Keep in mind these are more guidelines for high volume type booths. You can always go the plastic roof and walls with a couple furnace filters and box fans route.
GMW,
is there an certain spacing and angels formula i should follow on lighting,, ( i will be real carefuj not tu use a wrong light )

Can down draught work ok iff it was pulled to an under car type pit,..
Thanks
Simo,..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
302/Z28 ,,and GMW,,

Thanks for advice ,, have sqizzed heaps more and sqizzin more,,
Simo,,..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
GMW said:

I have collected many unwanted roller doors and was thinking
of useing them for the walls,( vertical ribbed, ) . Is that a bad
idea ???

302/Z28 said:
Don't mean to sound short, but check the search function...lots of previous discussions on this subject.

Vince
302 Vince,,winds clevo,,
My computer lives in aus (australia) anc has trouble looking ,,
can you give me some links..
Simo

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm not sure how a verticaly ribbed door might roll up or down, unless you are planning on using it horizontaly? The main thing to try and do is keep the interior walls as smooth as possible. The more ledges you have the more places dust and dirt can collect on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMW said:
I'm not sure how a verticaly ribbed door might roll up or down, unless you are planning on using it horizontaly? The main thing to try and do is keep the interior walls as smooth as possible. The more ledges you have the more places dust and dirt can collect on.
I was thinking barn type doors for the entry(verticle ribbed old rollers and the roller doors on there side as walls,.

Bugger,, Now i got to find another use for the rollers,,

Simo,,.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That doesn't mean you can't use them for walls. Just spray them down with the hose before you roll the vehicle in for paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts