Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking about painting a frame with spray can paint. Apparently, my choices are Rustoleum, Duplicolor and Krylon. Anybody have any suggestions on the best brand. How about the best type of paint?
Enamel???? Lacquer??? How about primer???? clear coat??? resistance to stuff like brake clean chemicals etc?????
I need some advice from a rattle can expert.........
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,353 Posts
An expert wouldn't use a rattle can. You would be better off brush painting those paints onto a frame...will last longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,259 Posts
POR-15 or Zero Rust are the only products to go with on a frame. Anything else will not take the abuse (except powder coating of course).

This will open a can of worms. :mwink:
 

·
Lost in the 60's
Joined
·
15,247 Posts
Dadgummit!!!! :mad: I guess this is the first time that I have ever agreed with Centerline. :pain: Lmao :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,259 Posts
Henry Highrise said:
Dadgummit!!!! :mad: I guess this is the first time that I have ever agreed with Centerline. :pain: Lmao :D
I think there was one other time..... but I can't remember when or what it was about. :mwink:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,353 Posts
Centerline said:
I think there was one other time..... but I can't remember when or what it was about. :mwink:
Wasn't about Chevy vs Hemi.........Thats for sure................. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
mac miller said:
I am seriously thinking about painting a frame with spray can paint. Apparently, my choices are Rustoleum, Duplicolor and Krylon. Anybody have any suggestions on the best brand. How about the best type of paint?
Enamel???? Lacquer??? How about primer???? clear coat??? resistance to stuff like brake clean chemicals etc?????
I need some advice from a rattle can expert.........
If you've spent the time to strip down the frame I'd suggest getting a bit better paint for your money!

Eastwood Tools sells several chassis coatings in spray cans, or other. Brushing is an option as these paints tend to flow out nicely enough for a frame application.

Eastwood Tools Chassis Coatings

I've been using the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator product on my sheet metal parts and have been happy with its durability and it's much easier to use than PO15, can be reduced with lacuer thinner and has UV protectants (something POR15 does not)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top