Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between a spread bore and a square bore? I called summit about a manifold and they asked and I felt stupid not being able to answer the question.

Thank You
Jim

·
It'll go, or it'll blow...
152 Posts
Square bore- The 4 barrel carb's front and rear throttle plates are the same size.

Spread bore- The carb's rear throttle plates are larger diameter (like a GM Quadrajet or Chrysler Thermoquad)

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
spread bore

JimKramer said:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between a spread bore and a square bore? I called summit about a manifold and they asked and I felt stupid not being able to answer the question.

Thank You
Jim
when a rocket builder designed a cone for more thrust a speed shop engine builder got the idea to use the concept in a carburetor for better performance.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
wookie726 said:
when a rocket builder designed a cone for more thrust a speed shop engine builder got the idea to use the concept in a carburetor for better performance.
First- You dredged up a nearly 4-year-old thread and added NOTHING of substance to it.

Second- A rocket uses a NOZZLE for thrust- NOT a cone.

Third- WHAT?? :rolleyes:

·
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp
625 Posts
cobalt327 said:
First- You dredged up a nearly 4-year-old thread and added NOTHING of substance to it.

Second- A rocket uses a NOZZLE for thrust- NOT a cone.

Third- WHAT?? :rolleyes:
Thanks cobalt, Classic rookie mistake. He might unregister after that one. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts