Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read answer that turbo 350 trans doesn,t have a lockup the wiring guy i bought my harness from claimed the same thing howeverrrr ihave a four prong plug on the driver sid over the pan and it has a plug and had just 2 wires to it i just read an article in corvette forum on 200-4-r old vettes and 350 trans had a lock up anybody out there know the process the kit came from lectrics in canada calling him gets nowhere.

·
Registered
534 Posts
budlemon said:
i just read answer that turbo 350 trans doesn,t have a lockup the wiring guy i bought my harness from claimed the same thing howeverrrr ihave a four prong plug on the driver sid over the pan and it has a plug and had just 2 wires to it i just read an article in corvette forum on 200-4-r old vettes and 350 trans had a lock up anybody out there know the process the kit came from lectrics in canada calling him gets nowhere.
The Turbo 350-C has a lockup and to the best of my memory it has a plug on the trans.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

That plug sounds like it might be a Neutral safety switch / Back up lamps, coming from the rear and pan area..

I think the lockup solenoid would be a one or two wire plug at the bellhousing area (not sure, but I think that's where it will be) .

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
My T-350C has a plug on the left side of the trans that's for the lockup converter wiring. It was originally in an '84 pickup, but now it's in a '79 Suburban that has no wiring for lockup, so it's not hooked up. Here's the diagram somebody posted for hooking one up. I have not tried it yet, so I don't know if it works or not.

·
Registered
534 Posts
docvette said:
Doc here, :pimp:

That plug sounds like it might be a Neutral safety switch / Back up lamps, coming from the rear and pan area..

I think the lockup solenoid would be a one or two wire plug at the bellhousing area (not sure, but I think that's where it will be) .

Doc :pimp:
The plug is on the driver side above and behind the shift arm on the top of trans pan case, it is a four wire deal , but only two wires are used , the A & D terminals , the A is 12 volt + and the D goes to ported Lo Vacuum switch, whick would unlock the converter on WOT, I presume.
The wiring in the book shows + coming in on A and going through the T.C.C. solenoid ( torque converter solenoid) then it proceeds to a double wire connection on one terminal of N.O. Gov switch, then it proceeds to the D terminal.
I think the gov switch gives it a path to ground when it gets up to speed so it don't lockup at idle, also the ported lo vacuum swith is N.O. and it would also give it a path to ground (lockup) when the engine gets up to cruising vacuum. I think! Or a close facsimile thereof!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts