Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks possible to me. Has anyone put a Ford SROD trans behind an 8BA Ford flattie? What was your experince? Did the parts just fall into place? It looks like all that you'd need would be the trans and a new clutch disc. It looks like a straight bolt in.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Thats different.....

I'm not familiar with that setup.....what's a srod trans out of? Is that some trans builder or the name of a trans? I heard there is a bell-housing out there to hook up a c4 to a flatty...haven't seen one though,.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Srod was installed in Ford pickups, Econolines and Mustangs. The Mustang had a longer input shaft for the diaphram cluctch but the trucks used a standard lenght same as the toploaders made from 63-73 because the used a long style clutch. Srod stood for Single Rail Over Drive. 1st gear is 3.07, 3rd is 1 to1 and 4th is .79 overdrive. The trans uses a internal shift linkage. The trans main case looks like a aluminum toploader. The trans were also made in cast iron with external linkage but were not called Srod. They also had overdrive (.69 with a 3.25 1st gear) and look very simular to a toploader. Most Srod trans have both the early and late bellhousing pattern. The cast iron version only comes with the later wide pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts