Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 81 k 10 with a 350 out of an 91 suburban. i have about 8" of lift and 35" tires... i have the problem of dragin my exhaust off when im playin, so i decided to run stack up behind my role-bar in the bed, i got a set of 5"x48" stacks...my question is how do i make it sound super deep while running long tube headers, and 2.5" pipe, what type of mufflers should i use???:evil:

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Look around HERE they have sounds clips from all sorts of diffrent mufflers on all diffrent kinds of engines. It's a really good site to listen to. Also as you may know if you like flowmaster you can listen to all of their mufflers on their website. Having stacks will make things sound a little diffrent because it is dumping right out into the open and not bouncing off the ground. When I had my truck I had thrush turbo tubes and that always sounds nice for a truck but there are so many thing to choose from. Take a look around that site and im sure other people will help you here.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
My exhaust stacks are 3 inch stacks with a 45 degree bend at the top, as I didn't want rain and stuff in there where it didn't belong.

I have at the bottom of the 3 inch stacks a 3 to 2.5 90 degree bend, and the Summit Racing equivelant of flowmaster 50's (for the price at the time) leading into them is the shorty pipes from the ramshorn manifolds.

I never got a chance to put the headers on the truck as i broke too many things at once (passenger side frame rail under the middle of the cab, passenger rear main leaf spring, and the remote oil filter hose came off rendering one of the rod bearings useless, giving it a nasty rattle) and too many things came up over the timeframe since that hasn't allowed me to work on it.

It sounded nice and throaty, but wasn't loud enough for what I wanted.
Here's a pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts