Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
definetly to much fuel pressure the gauge on my regulator is pretty much pegged at 15 psi. im not able to get any adjustment out of it either. i pulled it off looked around inside sprayed some carb cleaner in it but still no adjustment. its pretty new. no more than 100 miles on it ita quick fuel and its boost regulated

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
Which part number Quick Fuel regulator....there are half a dozen or more.

I'm wondering if you are trying to use a bypass style regulator(requires return line to tank) as a dead-head regulator(no return line).....the two types cannot be interchanged.
Or if it is meant for high pressure EFI....then you won't be able to adjust it low enough for a carb.

Open it up and check it out, there are only like 3 moving pieces inside the thing.....the diagfram, the spring, and the check ball or check piston. Dead simple, only slight spring pressure involved, fingers and thumb will hold it together.

To go down in pressure you back off the small allen set screw that is locked down with the jamb nut....once you make a setting lower you have to bleed off the fual after the regulator somehow, either crack open the line between carb and regulator, or run the car a bit with the electric pump off to lower the level in the float bowls so the pressure has somewhere to drop to.....then start the pump and re-check your setting.

I'd back it out near as far as it will go just to get a low baseline to work up from....easier to work up in pressure than down, as then you don't have to bleed it off after every adjustment.

If that don't do it, diagfram might have dirt under it, hole in it, etc or dirt on the checkball/piston.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which part number Quick Fuel regulator....there are half a dozen.or more.

I'm wondering if you are trying to use a bypass style regulator(requires return line to tank) as a dead-head regulator(no return line).....the two types cannot be interchanged.
Or if it is meant for high pressure EFI....then you won't be able to adjust it low enough for a carb.

Open it up and check it out, there are only like 3 moving pieces inside the thing.....the diagfram, the spring, and the check ball or check piston. Dead simple, only slight spring pressure involved, fingers and thumb will hold it together.
Hi, Thanx for the responce. This regulator is the non bypass type with no return line required. It's been working fine up until today. I was able reduce the pressure down to about 8psi thru my fuel pump. Havnt started it yet to see what the running pressure will be like. In the mean time I'll look 4 a part # on the regulator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, Thanx for the responce. This regulator is the non bypass type with no return line required. It's been working fine up until today. I was able reduce the pressure down to about 8psi thru my fuel pump. Havnt started it yet to see what the running pressure will be like. In the mean time I'll look 4 a part # on the regulator.
hi ericnova72, sorry for the late responce. been remodleing my home getting it ready to put on the market and havnt had any time to work on my truck. didnt have any luck on a part number. fuel pressure is 8psi. i removed both carbs and removed the squirter assembly sprayed some carb cleaner in there also removed float assembly on the secondary's and cleaned them as well. when i turn the key on fuel is still flowing through the secondary squirters. fuel level looks correct thru the sight glass on th e float bowls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.