Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Ready to get started on the model-A, guess the body comes off first,anyone got a sedan and done this give me a holler I am all ears.
Not a difficult job regardless of whether it's a sedan, coupe or roadster, it's for all intents, the same. If it's fully stripped out, wiring disconnected, etc, there are several bolts down each side through the body floor and body framework channels. The bolts go through some mounting blocks then through the frame or frame brackets. While the fasteners all may be rusty and need to be cut, the only ones that may give you grief are the two on each side hidden by the cowl 'feet' as they are somewhat difficult to get wrenches on. Removing the doors (though never on a roadster - it WILL bend) will also aid as far as weight and access and if a solid body will not distort it. If it's a '30-'31, pulling the cowl cover/gas tank also helps with the access plus they need to come off eventually anyhow. Floorboards, steel or wood, should also be removed if possible - again, ease of access

·
Automotive Extraordinaire
1,278 Posts
The easiest way to post pictures is to use photobucket. Its free to set up an account. Once you get your pictures there just click on the bottom link on the share page and then paste it here. I have some pictures and a video of a 29 two door we done a while back with a 460 in it. I'll put some up when I get home tomorrow from the shop and get to my computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.