Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am going to put a cowl induction scoop on my Camaro and I was wondering which would be a better way to go. Should I use a steel scoop or a fiberglass one? I plan on attaching either with epoxy so welding on a steel one isn't a pro or con in this situation. Thanks for your ideas.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
It's cheaper and easier to buy a cowl hood, instead of adding a scoop to your hood.

Troy

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
I am with Troy, there are soooooo many cool hoods made for every year Camaro, I would seriously think about buying a new one over making one.

The chances of failure of the bond with metal or glass is high. That bonding is VERY critical and VERY touchy. It has to be perfectly done or it will fail very fast. If it is perfectly done, there still is a high chance of failure.

It is ok to do your best and come out with a decent end product for some custom mod. But with the Camaro, heck there are "cowl" hoods, there are taller than stock cowl hoods, there are cowl hoods for Camaros that didn't come with them from the factory, etc. There are zillions of different hoods available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.