Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1932 Chevrolet Deluxe Confederate Coupe with original steering and suspension. Does anyone know where I can get my steering box rebuilt, or where I can purchase a rebuilt box, or what other box I might substitue for the original, without a whole lot of modification? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
gear box rebuild

If the internals are worn they can be expensive. Usually the gears get the most wear in the straight ahead position. You can disassemble the gear box, clean and inspect, mabe replace the bearings , but if there is too much straight ahead wear, you can get the clearance set straight ahead and bind it when turning, a lot of Mini truck steering gear boxes are of similar size, and on a few you can reverse the action. and do a search for Corvair steering gear, there are quit a few corvairs used in T buckets. Nothing against a new Lee box. Just That. My neighbor used to have to pay $ 500 for steering parts for his race cars.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
mini truck box

My son used a Mazda pickup box on his 22 dodge lakester. but custom built a new pitman arm. there is some info on the HAMB site more builders and fabricators there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.