Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have installed a late 80's gm steering column in my 46 ford coupe. Wanted the key on the dash but still wanted an adjustable column with shifter on the floor. I heard through group discussion about a cover that would save the bodywork on hiding the holes and formations left from the existing shifter, etc. Does anyone know about a cover. or how to possibly filling the holes? Thanks for checking my question out. Joe

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Column cover

Years ago one of the first things I tried to install on a street rod was a GM column cover. After hacking it up trying to get it to fit I tossed it, used a piece of matching carpet material to wrap the column and secured it with Velcro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This does not look like what I need. It covers the area where the old shifter lever came out of the column. I am looking around for a piece of 6" piece of pvc. to see if it will work Thanks, Joe

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,311 Posts
column cover and fascia combo diy out of fiberglass
not much that can't be covered up with fg :D

along with console, arm rest, ac cover

·
Registered
416 Posts
And then there is this:

Lower Column Cover

I have one of these on my '37 w/ my '80's column; it worked very well.
(I had a difficult time finding it on-line, or this would have been my first recommendation......)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fantastic job ogre. I might have to get back with you on how to construct the molds. Thanks for showing me the photo work. Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts