Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Chrysler (really GM) tilt and telescoping column-trying to figure out the wiring since I have back-up lights on a dash switch and no neutral safety switch. Can you help identify the connections for the wires in these switches and/or supply a source for a wiring diagram? I'd also appreciate help in figuring out how to wire the NS switch. I'm running a TH350 and i have the Lokar switch mounted. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
Here ya go.

One of the wires is the stop lamp switch --dunno color--position "P"
passenger stop lamp/signal----green---"N"
Driver stop lamp/signal----yellow---"M"
Turn signal feed from flasher----violet?---"L"-------(ignition buss)
Hazard feed----brown?---K-----(battery buss)
passenger front turn & dash indicator----DkBlue---"J"
driver front turn & dash indicator----LtBlue---"H"
Horn relay signal wire----black---"G"

the 3 pins on your harness that are not used may be for the "key in ignition" buzzer wired to your driver door-----my chevy has those same pins not used.

The "Neutral Safety Switch" is mechanically controlled by the shift lever position----should only start in N or P-------the steering wheels should only lock in P----key should only come out of the ignition lock in P

anyway---look at these pics-----wire colors may be different but the wire positions should be the same.

Yep---GM & Dodge used the same column, but dodge put the ignition switch on the side of the column vs on top of the column for GM

This really annoyed me when I put the tilt in my 82 Dodge-----the ignition switch interfered with the clutch operation (probably why tilt was only offered on AT Dodge trucks way back then). I had to modify my clutch pedal to go around the switch.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,guys, those are excellent help and I appreciate the prompt response,too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.