Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 77 Ford F-100 with the stock steering gear and pump and a 351M engine. I am presently in the beginning stages of a tear down to the frame, (see my journal) and I wish to go to a saginaw power steering pump. I am almost positive that this is going to require some other changes in the system somewhere because of the pressure changes. Can someone point me in a direction to find some information on what must be changed or modified to make this happen.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
saginal steering pump

I am curious as to why you are changing to a different type of power steering pump over the factory unit? More trouble than its worth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly because I am looking at some custom March pulleys and brackets and they don't fit the stock Ford pump I have

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
steering changes

Now thats a surprise. Figured they would have that.

Seems it would be simpler to just switch to a Ford pump they do have pullies for.

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
A-1 Cardone makes a conversoin pump for your application.

Its a pretty popular deal around here, especially among the guys with 4x4's and big tires.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Cardone has a conversion part# 200-6244, so now where do I get specs and/or prices for this part and where do I order?

Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts