Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
first off what type of car are we dealing with?
Going by your handle it would be a 72 nova but that may not be the case.
there are alot of places you can mount speaker for better sound then in the door panels.
it will also depend on the brand of speaker you are wanting to mount.
let me know the brand of speakers and the type of car and I will be glad to help you plan out you system.
feel free to P.M. me or e-mail me

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am not sure how they run ISA comp in GA but the rules state that all comp systems have surround sound.
I own a shop in texas and also do some custom work here in indiana.
but I am willing to help anyone with building or installation matters.
That is why it is best to find out what type of music the person likes and how loud they plan on hearing it.
plus you do not want that rattle in your ride that you so often hear when the bass is pumping.

·
Registered
171 Posts
jpd37
what type of music do you like?
there are some options in your 37 Ply. the center channel found on most high end head units will give you the equal bass sound you are looking for.
But rather then design a system that may be out of your budget let me hear what you have picked up so far and a price range you want to stay in.
also how you listen to your music. ie loud, noraml or just something to drown out the wife and kids.
you can build a nice sounding system for low money if you plan out the system first and look for good deals on good brands/
If you want to send me an e-mail or P.M. me.
[email protected]

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don
the speakers you have are great. the under the dash will cut down on the full effect of sound mainly because it will be facing the floor and not you.
I understand not wanting to cut into the door panels. What year is your silver shadow?

·
Registered
171 Posts
the speakers will not need a box . If you plan on just running the speaker off the head unit.
I must have been misinformed on the shadow because my grandfather had a 1939 silver shadow or at least that is what he told me it was of course that was too many years ago for me to recall.
but with the drive train you have it in now I would like to take it a spin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.