Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a ? about my rod bolt's, it seem's that the shop that reconditioned my stock sbc rod's either forgot or i failed to tell'em that i wanted the better rod bolt's from ARP in my rod's. But in any event there installed on my KB piston's now, and when i picked them up yesterday from the shop i did'nt pickup on the fact that i still had the stock rod bolt's in them untill i got home with them. My ? is how much can the stock rod bolt's handle horse power wise, because i would really like to get this engine together this week. As far as the engine goes, it's only a miled build up and should only do around 350 hp. at the most and problebly never see daylight over 5500 rpm's.:confused: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Personally I alway replace the stock rod bolts. You have no way to know what they have been through (how many times they have been stretched and if they were ever over torqued).

For your build up, since it is so mild and will live an easy life, you might want to go for it. In order for them to change the rod bolts now you will have to have the rods resized, this usually means removing the pistons from the rods. Might be worth a phone call to the machine shop to see what they have to say.

Royce

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.