Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have to rebuild the top half of my engine so my 12 bolt build is put off yet again! :(

my question is what is a good way to store a bare housing to prevent rust on the bearing seats??? should i use assembly lube or coat it with oil or just sell it??? i wont be able to build it for a few months. its already been sitting while i save up the money for building it up but now i have to dump that money into my engine.

so long term storage what is the best way???

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
What did you do buy a 12 bolt to replace the 10 thats in the car now? If thats the case i would'nt sell it, oil it up or grease it up real good put it somewhere dry until i was ready for it. JMO. Cole

·
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought the 12 bolt because my current 10 bolt is an 8.2 one tire fire.

i plan on building the 12 bolt with a detroit locker 30 spline custom alloy axles from moser c-clip eliminators and 4.10 gears with a support cover.

my engine and trans set up is beating up the 10 bolt hard i know it will hold up just fine as long as i keep my foot out of the throttle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.