Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find a way to ge the car off the ground so the snow dosnt get under it, and ill put a nice tarp over it and secure it to the ground, my question is , can i set the hole car on 4 bricks with out hurting stuff? (1 under each wheel)this car hasnt seen snow befor and i really dont wanan start now (80 chrysler cordoba) thanks alot

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:D

Living in the SUNNY South, I do not have experience with the kind of snow you are dealing with But I would put a tarp on the ground. Then I would drive the car on it. Get some wooden blocks ( railroad ties would be nice ) and put under the wheels/tires. Then cover the entire car and secure the tarp to the other tarp.

I have seen advertised a large balloon type of affair that you just park the car inside it and zip it up. Might be a option.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Be careful with a tarp! Make sure you have something soft directly over the paint before tarping (sheet, blanket, moving pads, whatever) the coarse material of a tarp will trash your paint, especially with the wind moving the tarp during the few months of winter. I speak from experience on this! I ruined a $2K paintjob (1988 dollars)

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Like getto says, tarping can be the worse thing you can do. A good breathable cover is best. If you must use a tarp, put lots of padding between it and the car. Even better, if you can keep it away from the car and have air circulating around the car.

Personally, I would rather leave the car in the elements than just throw a tarp over it. I have made that mistake.

3,214 Posts
Added tip.... If you cannot somehow keep the cover off of the vehicle, use a heavy blanket between the tarp and the vehicle. Several years ago, when my daughter graduated from college, we moved a 67 Mustang, that I had recently painted, into my neighbors garage. He had 2 cats, so he protected it with a car cover, to keep it from getting scratched by the cats. Several months later, when I got it back, it needed to be repainted. The cats would jump on it, the cover would move, their claws would come out and scratch the paint. I would have been better off parking it in my back yard with no cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.