Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hotrodders,

I went through the threads here on the forum relative to my very newly completed hand scrub and think the best way to give the info would be to give a short narrative about HandKind Scrub because it is not a traditional hand scrub.

This product was initially developed for the militarys' green products initiative. Welders specifically, and it had to be made up of primarily biodegradable components. Its purpose was to remove toxic metal ions that remain on the skin after welding. These metal ions of lead and chromium can be readily absorbed through the skin and can't be removed with traditional soaps but must be chelated from the skin. In the development of the product we realized that the cleaning power was absolutely extraordinary and started doing test trials with auto and heavy truck mechanics. They're reaction was completely inspiring to say the least and got very valuable input as to the needs of mechanics regarding hand cleaners. The general consensus was that if a product moisturized well it didn't clean well. If it cleaned well it destroyed your hands, with drying and cracking being the worst of the problems. Nothing being completely effective so a particular standard has been accepted for industrial hand cleaner performance.

I reset the goals of development to include a method of actually continuously repairing damaged skin issues, namely dryness and cracking, while cleaning better than any currently available cleaners, and, use less product to do it.

On your hands there is an element of your chemical anatomy called the Acid Mantle. This is a barrier, simply described, balances moisture and keeps out bacteria. Each time you scrub your hands with petroleum based products or "natural" products that contain aggressive surfactants (like d-limonene, natures acid), it strips and damages this Acid Mantle and can cause all kinds of issues including adverse reactions to a hand soap that normally never occured (rashes, blisters, etc.). So, the final product that was created was HandKind Scrub.

Along with extraordinary cleaning performance and removal of toxic metal ions, this product contains actual skin "treatment" components that actually promote the repair of damaged skin issues. There are many types of moisturizers that most products use and are only short term effective and do not solve the damage issues. HandKind Scrub is a very effective product that requires only a small amount to clean a very large area of skin and it carries a 100% performance guarantee.

It is currently available only in the CT area in some NAPA stores, some Ace Hardware stores, and Whole Foods will have it in a few locations shortly. It is not proper for me to list contact info in this forum, but another member has listed information and that website will be available within the next week.

This is a very new product and has not been marketed on a broad scale. I have only passed out samples to businesses in my local area to get things started. I have not made it available online yet but it seems I need to step things up a bit. Any questions, just ask.

SK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks scrot. It's gonna be a pretty hard ride but I have been down this road before. So if anyone in here has any product development questions, I am your guy! Some of the people in here are probably using some of the other finishing products I have developed in the past. Kinda sick of making other people money and would like to do it for myself.

There are quite a few obstacles to overcome but thankfully I had quite a break in development when we noticed the unusual cleaning performance. There are a lot of big companies with big marketing bucks I will have to go up against and all the claims other products have made that didn't hold up. Every one has been sold on all kinds of claims. Kinda makes me another guy with another hand cleaner. Difference is I can completely back it up. I have put pretty much everything I have into it so I will work my buns off to get it off the ground!

Thanks again.

SK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Scott, or Hand Kind, glad you posted info. These guys thought I was you! You gotta get that website up!! I have some friends out west that I sent a couple bottles to and they want to get a few cases. They were very impressed. Best part about this stuff is the way your skin feels after you wash your hands. Home run dude :thumbup: , good luck.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
HEY,,,,how many user names can you have any way? can I change mine to "brain" deadbodyman? I suppose a bottle to everyone on the thread would be about the best advertising you can get....especialy from my big mouth.....if its as good you say

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy smoke airflow, your getting pretty beat up for doing me a steady. I think your getting your due from beating me up on the price of my stuff!! :D I would give away some free product if it was OK to do here. It seems like there are some hardcore guys that will tell you like it is. Those are the best people to give products to. No BS just tell ya like iit is. So, if it's cool to give away product I will have to find out how to do it. If anyone knows, clue me in.

SK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.