Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome: I have a really strange question for you guys. I know there is tons of experience and knowledge on this board so maybe one of you guys might know. I have a 429/C-6 in my Mustang. The trans is all stock except for a B&M shift kit and a TCI 2400 stall. The trans has worked pretty good for about 2 seasons of abuse. Now the problem it has came on suddenly and to me it's really unusual. Usually, my experience with an auto is when they break, the car quits moving. Not so with this one. It feels like it stays in 2nd all the time, and when you move the shifter into the 1st position, it locks up the rear wheels. The car feels like it wants to back up in 1st. Reverse works just fine. You guys have any ideas? I'm probably going to just swap it out for another, but I'm curious. Thanx for any inputs!:welcome:

·
Registered
427 Posts
The transmission is probably seized in 3rd. gear.
When you pull the shifter into Low position you are engaging another set of clutches.

Result? Lock up.

Put another one in. Send this one to the happy hunting grounds.:thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Thanx guys! I think there is something really screwed up inside. Unfortunately, I can't get to the band adjustment bolt with the motor in the car, it's a really tight fit. Thanx again!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.