Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a problem I was hoping somebody has "been there done that."
Ive got a mild 350 with a holley 3310 vac. secondary 4160. I did all the usual tuning after I installed it but two things right away got my attention. The idle screws were unresponsive and could be turned in all the way with the engine actually running better, and upon closer inspection I noticed that after I turned the car off, fuel was dripping out of the driver side secondary idle transfer slot. Enough was dripping out to flood the motor and make starting it again difficult. My first thought was float level,but after checking it 3 times and replacing all of the gaskets to no avail, I can only assume warpage of the base plate or some other strange thing I've never seen before. Anyone have any clue?.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
I have indeed been there done that, the problem is likely fuel pressure. I had this happen to me from the idle slots as well as the boosters while the car was running as well as after I shut it off, if your fuel pump has a return line not in use it`s a good idea to put it back in use, or if there was a vapor line connected to a carbon canister that`s no longer in use that`s now blocked off, this will cause pressure to build in the gas tank and overcome the needle and seat with pressure, a vented gas cap is the fix for that. but if all is the same, check the gasket at the base plate and make sure it`s good, if it checks okay, get a fuel pressure gauge which would be a good idea anyways, if pressure is excessive, you`ll need a regulator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a mechanical stock pump. The motor is in a 65 nova so it doesnt have return lines or anything like that. I guess I can try looking at the base plate gasket and check the fuel pressure, but the float level seems to be dead on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.