Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 blazer was having a hesitation problem when i get around 50 mph. I thought for sure it was my fuel pump so i picked up a new fuel pump. I dident get a chance to put it in yet, but a freind of mine who is a mechanic suggested trying to cleam the mafs sensor with some carb cleaner first. I tried that about a week ago and the problem seemed even worse so i bought a fuel pump. I diden't use the vehicle for about a week and it sat in the freezing cold and i dident get to changing ther pump yet. I had to use the vehicle today and when i drove it into town and back it ran perfectly no hesitation? Is it possible the carb cleaner took a while to work and now it fixed itself? Thanks to anyone that may have some ideas.

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
secondary wiring

If the problem happens under lite/moderate throttle it could coil or coils.A bad wire will also cause this also.Any codes? Measure f/presure befor you change pump.Have you changed f/filter? This is a major overlooked part. Good luck :welcome:

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
check the plug/coil wires... resistance under 500 ohms/foot is adequate. Check plugs as well, what do they say about the engine? (at least one should be easy to get to) And the cap/rotor? Consider everything before messing with the fuel pump :pain: since those are a PITA.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i've done all that stuff changed everything thats why i figured it have to be fuel pump but now its running good? the only thing i done is spray that mafs sensor with carb cleaner about a week ago and then it just sat till today? Maybe its just toying with me i'll try it again tommorow if it starts to act up again i'm just goin to put the new pump in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.