Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. I have a really fast street car slower then some faster then most. It is a 800hp procharged Camaro. I won't street race it. What I like to do is just give a quick blast down an empty road with no trees no people ok maybe a corn plant or two. Getting to my title I saw a posted Supercharged car and the guy posted a video of himself blasting down a road lined with trees and then in the video he passes a car coming in the other direction. The video ends with him doing a burnout in a parking lot where another classic car was parked just ahead of where he was going. The comments were all how it was a great car and video. All I could think about was one slip and this guys life and others lives could be ruined. I never step on my car where there are trees people or other cars. I have had guys come up next to me on highways and main roads that want to race and I just ignore them. Am I alone?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Your not alone, just showing your age.
I don't have no flat out drag cars like you but I have four that range from 400-500 HP and I try to drive each one to work once a month, witch is 83 miles one way and like you, everyone wants to race and kinda a PIA.
Monday I drove the new car, I bought in spring and never have kicked it in butt so on the expressway I could see about 3 miles and it was six in morning I stopped, killed the ride control and for the first time used the paddle shifters, hell I did not know if it would spin the tires and it has almost 2000 miles on it.
With no one in sight i left a 30- 40 foot long positrack strip in the road, now that was real smart, since they are run flats and backs are larger then fronts and probably $80-1000 a piece but now I know and I endangered no one but the idiot driving the car.

I have a bunch of car guys that work for me and the parking lot is full of Saleens, Cobra's, GTs and an all out S10 dragster being converted to street legal and nothing here is stock, except my F250, a G37s and one Honda accord. I'm constantly preaching to the younger crowd, if you drag race and the OTHER idiot runs off the road and kills himself, In GA you will be charged with manslaughter. They just don't understand what I'm saying but I'm to old to go to jail and hope for a nice cell-mate.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I guess it is age. I did some stupid stunts in my youth. The cars I owned were not close to 1000hp like what is on the streets today. Like you said you layed down some nice rubber when no one was around that is kind of what I like. Still love the smell of burnt rubber but it is expensive. Run flats ouch! You have deeper pockets then me.

·
Administrator
18,647 Posts
I can see this thread degrading to a.."See what stupid things I did when I was younger" thread.......If so, it gets dumped

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was not my intention at all actually. I still do dumb things. Just a little less these days. My concern was more of people thinking a video of a over powered car blasting down a busy street was considered really cool and I thought it was stupid that's all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.