Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on schools in Arizona that teach techniques for street rod/hot rod auto body restoration. The only one that I found that deals with the body work (Buster's) closed last year. I have checked all of the community colleges too. Even if you know of anyone that needs an apprentice or teaches on the side. Thank you.

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
What? Busters in Glendale closed! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I even drove down there just to make sure I didn't get mis-informed. It is now a business called "Reliable Body and Paint." I didn't go inside to see if it was the same owner as the school. I guess it closed last year. I was very upset to find that out. The only other school I know of that teaches the old street rod body work is in Wyoming, and the street rod course is an add on course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas has an accredited two year college program to learn automobile restoration. This takes a student through every aspect...mechanical, machining, woodworking, preservation of history, etc.
This College has Jay Leno on their Board of Directors. Check them out at:
http://www.mcpherson.edu

They also offer week-long sessions during the summer geared for enthusiasts.

Regards,
Gerry Dedonis
Kansas Racing Products Inc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning on going to McPherson at least for a week some summer in the near future, and if I can make a go at hot rods professionally (a lot of rodders around where I'm from, but not a lot of speed shops and the like) I'll go there for as long as I can.

They are REALLY nice, I've spoken with them quite a few times. Call and get a course catalog.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts