Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !
Some history ;
The car has been in the family for 29 years and has made it past the 50's and 60's modifications . Now my father In-law and myself have decided to get it going again . I have built many cars (1960's) and have the knowledge and skills to start this project . I am rusty on street rod stuff and the latest cool thing to do . Keep in mind this car has been modified so much it will always be considered a Rat Rod . We want it to be safe and doll it up as much as possible .

I plan on mounting a frame mount master cylinder and fabing a new steel firewall . I will also need to raise the motor mounts and cut floor for transmission tunnel . The oil pan was very low to the ground and with new lowered front end the motor and trans will need to be raised. I have ordered a new complete SS front end with cross steering . I am currently in the process of cutting out the old boxed metal ( thin ~ 1/16" ) and replacing it with 1/8" steel . Please see my webpage for the latest pictures . http://www.thefish.150m.com/1932.html

Attachments

·
Lost in the 60's
15,245 Posts
Welcome....We are glad to have you here at Hotrodders. Lots of opinions, advice, info, and even some good natured fun on this site so jump on in the waters fine! :welcome:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome !

I am only 5'6" so should not be to much of a issue. Just in case I removed the gas tank that was behind the seat so I can move the interior back ~ 3 to 4 " I was thinking of putting a fuel cell in the trunk area .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts